Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews. Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.
Hamnet, Maggie O'Farrell
Knopf - 2020
"A BOY IS COMING DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS.
The passage is narrow and twists back on itself. He takes each step slowly, sliding himself along the wall, his boots meeting each tread with a thud.
Near the bottom, he pauses for a moment, looking back the way he has come. Then, suddenly resolute, he leaps the final three stairs, as is his habit. He stumbles as he lands, falling to his knees on the flagstone floor."
I have to admit this intro, the writing style, is off putting to me. However, I've read about 30 pages so far and I am actually liking it so far.
Have you tried this one? Any plans?



0 Yorumlar