Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Getting ready for Nova and 6th edition. Space Wolves vs Grey Knights

By Spaguatyrine



So as I get ready for the Nova Invitational and GT the big question is do I really take the new shiny Grey Knights or the old new Space Wolves?



I know I have asked this before, but I have begun playing my space wolves without the Thundercats and really enjoy how they have played. 

but!!!!!

I also enjoy the way my grey knights play.  So far I am 6-0 with both lists and have won a tournament with each of them once.  The question is what will the meta be at Nova? 

The space wolves have so much utility and strength in their Grey Hunters, long fangs, Rune priests, and scouts in that order.

The grey knights have so much killing potential in their power weapons, psychic powers, high initiative attacks, psyflemen's, and psyflebacks. 

I believe that a balanced list will do well against any opponent, but how does that list do against it's polar opposite?  Will a player's skill be able to trump the arch nemesis of the list?  That is a question I and we all have to answer when getting ready for any tournament. 

I.E. My thunderwolf list from the Nova Invitational did very well.  If I would have brought my new space wolves list I believe it would have done much better against Nick Nanavati in the final game, but not as good against maybe Alex Fennell. 

See the idea is a list is only a weapon in the hand of a player.  Your list is your sword.  Your deployment is your armor, your knowledge of other armies is your helmet, your strategy is your shield. 

So you can have a great list, but if you do not have strategy, then you are defenseless against anothers list.  If you don't deploy correctly based upon terrain then your armor is flawed and hits to your body may be blocked but feint or riposte will leave you hurting badly.  If you don't know your enemy then a well executed strike will cut your head from your shoulders. 

Put on your entire armor when going into a battle and you have a better chance of coming out victorious!

All this being said I believe grey knights have a higher level of opportunity to overcome the enemy, space wolves have the stability to handle more mistakes of strategy.

What are your thoughts?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar